ICAI has taken a big step forward towards the technological reforms in the evaluation of answer sheets. ICAI has decided to move towards 100% digital evaluation of answer books from May 2020 examinations onwards wherein all the answer books of all the subjects of Intermediate (old and new Course), Foundation and Final course (old and new course) will be evaluated digitally.
For this ICAI has invited empanelment from its members to act as Examiners for evaluation of answer books of Chartered Accountants Examinations.
Examination Which will be Digitally Evaluated
As per the scheme of digital evaluations of examinations the following Examination will be digitally evaluated by the examiners.
Chartered Accountancy Foundation Examination
|P-1||Principles and Practice of Accounting|
|P-2||Sec. A: Business Laws|
| Sec. B: Business Laws & Business Correspondence and Reporting|
Part I : Business Laws
Part II : Business Correspondence and Reporting
Chartered Accountancy Intermediate Examination
|Papers||Existing Syllabus (Exam will be held up to May’20)||New Syllabus|
|P -2||Business Law, Communication and Ethics||Corporate & Other Laws|
|P-3||Cost Accounting and Financial Management||Cost and Management Accounting|
|Section A: Income Tax Law|
|Section B: Indirect Taxes|
|P-5||Advanced Accounting||Advanced Accounting|
|P-6||Auditing and Assurance||Auditing and Assurance|
|P-7||Sec. A: Information Technology||Enterprise Information Systems and Strategic Management|
|Sec. A: Enterprise Information Systems|
|Sec. B: Strategic Management||Sec. B: Strategic Management|
|P-8||———||Financial Management and Economics for Finance|
Chartered Accountancy Final Examination
|Papers||Existing Syllabus (Exams will be held up to Nov’20)||New Syllabus|
|P-3||Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics||Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics|
|P-4||Corporate and Allied Laws||Corporate and Economic Laws|
|P-5||AMA||Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation|
|P-6||ISCA||Elective Paper (One to be chosen from the list of Elective Papers)|
|6A: Risk Management|
|6B: Financial Services & Capital Markets|
|6C: International Taxation|
|6D: Economic Laws|
|6E: Global Financial Reporting Standards|
|6F: Multidisciplinary Case Study|
|P-7||DT||DT Laws & International Taxation|
Eligibility Criteria for Examiners
To apply for empanelment form to act as an examiner in chartered accountants examination the Chartered Accountants should have a minimum of five years standing in practice or in service. Further requirements and eligibility criteria is given as follow:-
- Chartered Accountants have a minimum of five years standing in practice or in service.
- University Lecturers/Professors who have minimum 5 years teaching experience are eligible to act as examiner.
- ICWA, ACS, M.Com, Post Graduates in Economics or Law, Lawyers, IT Professionals, MBA (Finance) and other professionals with minimum 5 years of experience, either in academic or in practice or in employment are eligible for applying. Those who have work experience having direct relevance to subjects(s) of examination(s) will be preferred.
- Persons who are above the age of 70 years are not eligible.
- Persons who are visually impaired or suffer from such other physical disabilities that might necessitate taking the assistance other person for the evaluation of answer books are not eligible.
- Persons who are undergoing Chartered accountancy Course of the Institute are not eligible.
- Persons who have applied and were rejected earlier from the Panel are eligible for applying again after a gap of 1 year from the date of rejection.
- Those who are already empanelled and have not been rested/removed need not to apply. Their candidature will be considered a normal course, at the appropriate time.
- Persons engaged or associated with the coaching center activities are not eligible. Those who have ceased to be associated with the coaching centers are permitted after a gap of 5 years.
Honorarium for evaluation of answer books
|Exam||Paper||Rate (Physical Evaluation)||Rate (Digital Evaluation)|
|CA Foundation||1 & 2||Rs 100/- per ans. book||Rs 100/- per ans. book|
|CA Intermediate(IPC)||1,2,3,5,6 & 8||Rs 125/- per ans. book||Rs 150/- per ans. book|
|CA Intermediate(IPC)||Sectional papers carrying 50 marks each (Paper 4A, 4B, 7A & 7B)||Rs 90/- per ans. book||Rs 100/- per ans. book|
|CA Final||8-Jan||Rs 160/- per ans. book|
Also Read : New ITR Form FY 2019-20